See the case studies of successful diabetes programs that have been implemented.
Nearly 21 million Americans have diabetes and many of them are employed in our workforce.
Diabetesatwork.org can help businesses and managed care companies to assess the impact of diabetes in the workplace, and provide intuitive information to help employees manage their diabetes and take steps toward reducing risks for related complications, such as heart disease.
WHO SHOULD USE THIS SITE?
- Occupational health providers
- Human Resource Managers
- Diabetes Educators
- Health Promotion/Wellness program managers
- Health Plan Designers
- General Managers/Chief Executive Officers
- People with or at risk for diabetes
THIS SITE CAN HELP YOU:
- Develop a diabetes prevention or management program.
- Estimate the number of employees in your company with diabetes.
- Estimate the total cost of diabetes in your company.
- Choose or design a health plan for people with diabetes.
- Obtain support from leadership for a diabetes program.
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Diabetesatwork.org has been developed in collaboration with:
- National Diabetes Education Program
- National Business Group on Health
- National Business Coalition on Health
- America’s Health Insurance Plans
Thanks to the following organizations for supporting Diabetes At Work workshops:
- Connecticut Business Industry Association
- Dallas/Ft. Worth Business Group on Health
- Inland Northwest Business Coalition on Health
- Sutter Medical Center
- The Alliance
Download the Diabetes At Work Workshop Toolkit (PDF)All NDEP materials are public domain and copyright-free. Please use these materials as is or adapt to your needs. A hardcopy and CD of Workshop Toolkit will be available soon.